Ent Credit Union is giving away $50,000 of love to pandemic-impacted local businesses during its We Heart Small Business Giveaway, April 9 through May 3, 2020.
“While we’ve provided nearly $1.4 million in increased business line of credit support for business members through our COVID-19 Relief Programs, we recognize that small businesses are the backbone of communities across Colorado, and some of the worst hurt by the current crisis. In support of the Colorado community, we’re asking people across Colorado to nominate any worthy Front Range small business for a cash infusion to get them through this difficult time,” said Jennifer Sussman, Ent Credit Union Chief Marketing Officer.
Anyone can nominate their favorite (non-franchise) independently-owned, local business which is within the 14 counties Ent serves, via the credit union’s page. Businesses are also encouraged to self-nominate and share across their networks.
An important part of the nomination is sharing what makes the business so great. Twenty semi-finalists will be randomly selected from all nominations and from this group a panel of Ent judges will select four finalists. The public will then be invited to vote for their favorite business.
Prizes will be awarded per Facebook vote totals:
- $20,000 – First place
- $15,000 – Second place
- $10,000 – Third place
- $5,000 – Fourth place“We hope that by providing a platform to hear the stories of so many great local businesses, it will encourage generous Coloradans to support them however they can. Regardless of whether a business wins – or even whether it’s been entered into the giveaway – we want to remind everyone that small businesses are crucial to Colorado’s economy,” Sussman said.
The social media giveaway provides people with an opportunity to both nominate and vote for their favorite small businesses.
- April 9 – 19: Public nominates their favorite small businesses
- April 20: Twenty semifinalists are randomly selected from all nominations. An Ent selection committee then selects four finalists.
- April 25 – 26: Profiles of the four finalists are featured on Ent’s Facebook page.
- April 27 – May 3: Public votes for their favorite business.
- May 5: Winners are announced and awarded cash prizes according to number of votes received.
Additional #weheartsmallbusiness sweepstakes information and rules are available at Ent.com/welovesmallbusiness.
About Ent’s COVID-19 Member Relief Programs
Please visit Ent.com/Coronavirus.
About Ent’s $250,000 Emergency COVID-19 Donations