Third-annual family friendly event celebrates food, fun and Mother Nature.
What: McWhinney’s Centerra community in Loveland will host the third annual Wild Wonderful Weekend, an event celebrating Centerra’s status as Colorado’s first Certified Community Wildlife Habitat.
When: Sept. 15-17
Where: Chapungu Sculpture Park and multiple locations throughout the Centerra community. Centerra is located at I-25 and U.S. Highway 34 in Loveland.
- All Weekend
- Centerra Scavenger Hunt: Teams and families can compete in a series of photography, riddle and trivia challenges across the Centerra community.
- Wild Passport Program: Guests will receive a digital passport that links to Centerra retailers’ specials and deals.
- Saturday, Sept. 16
- 9-10 a.m.: Chapungu Sculpture Park garden tours
- 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: High Plains Environmental Center (HPEC) Wild Nature Walks and open house.
- 1-5 p.m.: The Promenade Shops will host an outdoor “Wild Zone,” featuring hands-on cultural and educational exhibits from High Plains Environmental Center, Butterfly Pavilion, Rocky Mountain Raptor Program, Girl Scouts of Colorado and Northern Colorado Wildlife Center. There will also be rock climbing, an inflatable obstacle course, face painting, caricature artists and crafts.
- Sunday, Sept. 17
- 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Farm-to-table brunch at the High Plains Environmental Center (age 21+ event, tickets required).
Visuals & Interview Opportunities:
- HPEC wild nature walks: native wildflowers, shrubs and grasses, butterflies, native bees, dragonflies and damselflies, songbirds, raptors, waterfowl and the occasional jumping fish!
- A Centerra spokesperson can talk about Centerra’s status as Colorado’s first Certified Community Wildlife Habitat, as well as the weekend’s events.
- On-site contact: Christine Jakupovic (480) 550-2478.
Learn more at wildwonderfulweekend.com.