The show must go on! The Union Colony Civic Center (UCCC) returns for a full 2021 fall semester of entertainment. It’s been over a year since the UCCC opened its doors back up for the community to experience live performances. The Union Colony Civic Center provided small rental space for events since January, and the 2021 fall semester shows mark the first offering from the UCCC since COVID-19 regulations were lifted.
“We’re excited to begin offering performances for the community,” said Jason Evenson, City of Greeley manager of cultural Affairs. “We love bringing back popular artists such as Amy Grant and the Oak Ridge Boys and bringing new entertainment options like the Flobots and The Silhouettes from America’s Got Talent.”
UCCC Ticket Packages
Ticket package discounts go on sale at noon Aug. 24, 2021:
- Gold Star, see every performance from your favorite seats all semester long with the Gold Star Package.
- Silver Star, mix and match performances to build your own semester of entertainment of six to eight shows.
- Bronze Star (go on sale Aug. 31), build your own package by choosing three to five shows in the semester lineup.
Single tickets go on sale Sept. 7.
The Fall 2021 Semester Schedule
The 2021 fall semester lineup includes a diverse selection of shows highlighting eclectic music selections to varied performances from theater, dance, and solo-acts:
- Los Chicos del 512: The Selena Experience | Friday, Sept. 24 | 7:30 p.m. | $23-$33
The members of Los Chicos del 512 came together for one reason – to bring the magic of Selena to old and new fans. Selena was the undisputed queen of Tejano music, and Los Chicos del 512 will transport you back to her heyday in the 1990s.
- The Oak Ridge Boys | Saturday, Oct. 2 | 7:30 p.m. | $27-$53
The Oak Ridge Boys high-energy stage show remains the heart and soul of what they do best. This night will feature classic gospel, country and patriotic music.
- Amy Grant | Friday, Oct. 8 | 7:30 p.m. | $38-$75
Amy Grant’s iconic voice is instantly recognizable in both the Christian and pop worlds. She has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, including three multi-platinum, six platinum, and four gold.
- The Burroughs with the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra | Saturday, Oct. 23 | 7:30 p.m. | $25-$37
Steeped in classic soul standards and outfitted with modern flair, The Burroughs is a nine-piece band with a powerhouse sound. See their first foray into playing with the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Flobots | Saturday, Oct. 30 | 7:30 p.m. | $21-$41
Flobots is an alternative hip-hop band from Denver that is on a mission to use their music as a tool to create community, conversation and ignite the activist in all of us.
- The Guava Tree | Thursday, Nov. 4 | 6:30 p.m. | $5
The Guava Tree is a story of displacement and resilience, thinking back on the bullies who hurt us and the friends who saved us. Join us in this special presentation for young people.
- John Tesh: Songs and Stories from the Grand Piano | Friday, Nov. 5 | 7:30 p.m. | $35-$69
Join John Tesh as he plays songs from his decorated career while recounting personal stories from his journeyed life. He’s earned six music Emmys, two Grammy nominations, three gold records, seven Public Television specials and sold over eight million records
- The Silhouettes | Saturday, Nov. 6 | 7:30 p.m. | $23-$33
Founded in 2009, The Silhouettes® (first runner-up on America’s Got Talent season 6 in 2011 and Golden Buzzer winners on America’s Got Talent: The Champions in 2020) is America’s premiere shadow-dance company.
- Lance Burton, Master Magician & Friends | Wednesday, Nov.10 | 7 p.m. | $32-$63 Lance Burton has been practicing magic since the age of five. He has won numerous awards, including the prestigious international Federation Internationale des Societes Magiques grand prix prize.
- Hot Chocolate featuring Colorado Dance Collective | Saturday, Dec. 18 | 7:30 p.m. | $10-$15
The Hot Chocolate show is the Colorado Dance Collective’s way of sharing the gift of dance with the community as they celebrate this festive season. Join us for all styles of dance, silent auction items and, of course, hot chocolate!
The Union Colony Civic Center staff and officials are deeply grateful to the 2021 sponsors who help the shows go on. The 2021 Fall Semester Sponsors include:
- Colorado Creative Industries,
- Banner Health
- the Women’s Clinic of Northern Colorado
To become a sponsor, contact Celeste McCorvey at email@example.com or 970-350-9878.
The UCCC, 701 10th Ave., is Northern Colorado’s premier performing arts venue, owned and operated by the City of Greeley. With more than 100 events held per year, the UCCC offers various Broadway musicals, concerts, comedy shows, and many local dance and school performances. Spring 2022 performances will be announced later this year.