The Union Colony Civic Center, 701 10th Ave., proudly announces the spring 2020 semester lineup. With musical performances from country to folk, and theatrical performances from silly to awe-inspiring, the UCCC prides itself on providing a diverse range of performances to Greeley and the greater Northern Colorado area. These performances aim to excite and bring joy to people of all ages, backgrounds and interests.
“The Amazing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe” kicks off the semester as local students perform this wacky tale about Robinson Crusoe’s island, years after Crusoe and his sole companion, a goat named Wilson, were shipwrecked. We find the island has surprisingly turned into a tourist destination! Approximately 50-60 local students will be cast to appear in the show. There are roles for students in Kindergarten through 10th grade. There will be a group audition Monday, January 6, 2020 at 4:00pm promptly. For more information, please email Mari.HeinBeegle@greeleygov.com.
Following this local performance is “Cirque Mechanics 42FT: A Menagerie of Mechanical Marvels,” the latest invention from the creative minds of Cirque Mechanics.
Another big show for the spring semester is “Mark Chesnutt & Tracy Byrd,” hosted by Brian Gary, Todd Harding and Susan Moore. One year after walking off the UCCC stage as the “Good Morning Guys,” Gary, Harding and Moore are ready to make their return to the stage.
All shows will be in the Monfort Concert Hall, dates for the spring 2020 semester are as follows:
- “Missoula Children’s Theatre Presents the Amazing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe” on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- “42FT – A Menagerie of Mechanical Marvels” on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- “Mark Chesnutt and Tracy Byrd” on Friday, January 31, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Shrek The Musical Presented by the Stampede Troupe and GPO and UCCC” on Friday, February 7, 2020, Saturday, February 8, 2020 and Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- “The Simon & Garfunkel Story” on Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Melissa Etheridge: The Medicine Show” on Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
- “Once: The Musical” on Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- “The Music of John Denver with Jim Curry and the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra” on Friday, March 6, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Rich Little” on Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Don McLean” on Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- “The Colorado Dance Collective Presents Wanderlust” on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.