Is your event missing? Contact us for advertising information.
- This event has passed.
CSU: FREE course on vegetable gardening
June 11 - June 14
After a cold, wet Colorado spring, now is a great time for backyard gardeners across the state to plant and tend to vegetables. Now through June 14, 2021, Colorado State University is offering a free online course on vegetable gardening.
Normally $40 to register, the course is temporarily discounted to encourage participation in Grow & Give, a project of the Colorado Master Gardener Program through CSU Extension.
Completing the self-paced vegetable course will teach you:
• Considerations for garden planning and planting times
• Best practices for raised garden bed design
• Proper soil preparation and fertilization for your vegetable garden
• Routine garden care including mulching, irrigation, and water conservation
• Proper routine care for tomatoes
• Hints and tricks for growing other vegetables
• How to identify frost protection tactics and microclimate modifications
No prior gardening experience is required to register for the course or to volunteer for Grow & Give. This is the last weekend to register. The price for the course increases on Tuesday, June 15th. Register for free vegetables course here or at CertifiedGardenerCSU.com.
More information on the free vegetable course and Grow & Give is in the attached press release. Please contact myself or Katie Dunker should you have any questions.