The award-winning Fort Collins Symphony (FCS), under the baton of Maestro Wes Kenney, invites you to escape to an evening of enchantment as it begins its 2022-2023 Season at 7:30 PM on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at the Fort Collins Lincoln Center.*
The first Signature Concert of the 2022-2023 season opens with Lyric Fanfare for the National Anthem by Fort Collins’ own composer Ethan Boxley. This version of the Star-Spangled Banner was commissioned by the FCS in 2018. The concert features the premiere performance of CSU professor James M. David’s Ostinato Fantastico. Commissioned by the FCS, the music explores the universally compelling and alluring force of repeated rhythms to create a thrilling tour-de-force for the orchestra. César Franck’s Symphony in D minor is a unique and meditative piece that combines the worlds of French sound and color with German form and architecture. Samuel Zyman’s colorful and rhythmic Encuentros (Encounters) celebrate the composer’s Mexican heritage. The evening closes with Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s lively Capriccio Espagnole, an exciting piece inspired by Spanish folk melodies that features solos from many of the orchestra’s players.
*For any who are unable to attend the live performance, the FCS offers a live-stream concert option. See details at LCTix.com.
For educational information about the concert, please:
- Visit FCSymphony.org for concert program notes by Dr. Dawn Grapes and Dr. William E. Runyan. Free.
- Tune into Maestro Kenney’s World of Symphonic Music at 7 p.m. on Sundays at KRFC 88.9 FM Radio Fort Collins 88.9 FM. Free.
- Attend Dr. Dawn Grapes’ Composer Talk in person at Old Town Library at noon on Wednesday, September 28, 2022. Free.
- Join the FCS at Open Rehearsal in-person at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 29, 2022 at the Lincoln Center. Free.
- Listen to Maestro’s Musings in-person or live-streamed at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at the Lincoln Center. With purchase of concert ticket.